The photos I took are kind of blurry since I couldn't use flash...Friday, March 13, 2009
Valentina
I went to see the Valentina show at the Museum of the City of New York today. Valentina Schlee was a Russian-born, New York-based couturier working in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. She did some great clothes (simple but beautiful drapey jersey dresses especially) and some awesome hats! She dressed Katherine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, and Greta Garbo and was quite a personality in her own right. I was excited to finally see the show since it was still coming together when I was interning in the Costume department.
The photos I took are kind of blurry since I couldn't use flash...



This purple dress was gorgeous.
I also wandered around the rest of the museum. MCNY never has any money (and hasn't for a long time) so some of the permanent exhibits look like they haven't been touched for a few decades. But that kind of adds to the charm, I think. Here are some pics from the toy rooms:




The photos I took are kind of blurry since I couldn't use flash...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment